Saturday 25 February 2012

Celebration Lighting


For my last project I had the theme of celebrations. I like to use unusual materials and I have a keen interest in recycling so I wanted to incoroporate recycled materials into the project to give it another dimension. I continued with the colours from the Cable Tie Jewelry Project, to give a nice flow to the semesters work. I began experimenting using celebratory shapes - this led me to cutting out circles as confetti and this naturally developed into my confetti celebration light made from recycled plastics. Hope you like! 





















































































4 comments:

Ms. Morgan said...

Holy Smokes! This is so intricate and amazing. If this is the kind of stuff you post than consider me a new follower (found you on 20sb)

http://cautionrealitycheck.blogspot.com

Michelle Clement said...

Whoa! I somehow missed this post last time I visited, but this is really cool!! :) And big!

Thepolkadotte said...

Aww, Thanks guys! :-) It took a ridiculously long time to make! All of those circles were cut out by hand - and hand dyed - then all strung together by hand haha! I don't like to give myself easy tasks!

Emma x

Ethan Freeman said...

This was a lovelly blog post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...