Thursday 8 March 2012

Manchester Antique Textiles Fair

My university lecturer is on the comitee for the Textiles society & they were hosting their 20th Antique Textiles Fair in Manchester and needed some volunteers! We got a free lift there and free entry & I thought it'd be an interesting day out so I thought why not! Minus the 7am start I had a pretty good day! There was SO much gorgeous stuff I wanted/needed to buy but I stayed strong and managed not to splurge! It's well worth a trip there if you're interested in going in the future! There are so many gorgeous old pieces of fabrics, homewares, jewellery and clothes in one room, there is literally TOO much to look at. You'll need to go with plenty of time to spare as it really is worth having a rummage - and haggle with the sellers too! There are also a number of talks from various textile artists - I found the Q&A session with past Textile Society Busary winners the most interesting though! Here are the piccies I snapped! Sadly I didn't take any in the hall it was pretty crowded to get my camera out and start taking photos and I was way too distracted by all the pretty stuff around me! I found the last two on another blog but I thought I'd share just so you get an idea of the kind of stuff that was on the stall there!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...