Friday 23 December 2011

Maps

Recently, I've become really interested in pretty maps. They don't tend to be used anymore and I'm pretty sure we have a fair few map books lying around in the house that I may be able to get my hands on! I remember when I was little we were given old map books as scrap paper to doodle on and I loved going through and circling all the symbols like they were pretty pictures decorating the page. This post is map inspired and I'm hunting the web to find some pretty cute map crafts that I fancy having a go at doing myself! :-) Enjoy!

This cool map corkboard! I'd love to make a UK shaped one and pin little memos on my favourite parts :-)
tutorial via design sponge


This super cute map stationary set is fab! you could cover allsorts in maps, like diarys and notebooks!
via design sponge

Map  magnets! DEFINATELY going to be making these! Pretty sure I have some glass pebbles lying around too!
via letbirdzfly

Map storage boxes - such a clever way to tidy up non-matching boxes!
via ikea hackers

to match the boxes above!...
via Kensington Cottage

Love love love! Need to have a go at making one of these!
Not on the highstreet
so cute!
via etsy

I'd love a room full of shelves with the names of places I'd travelled like this, with little souvenirs scattered around too!
via bluemossgirls

Map travel journal! love it!
via Vintagepagedesigns
eek! love it!
via not on the high street


I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for lots of map books in the charity shops this christmas! I've got lots of inspiration to keep me busy! :-) 
xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...